Tuesday 17 November 2009

It's Never Lupus



After starting HOUSE season one back in July, I'm finally up to speed!

HOUSE has been popular here in the UK since it's inception in 2004. Hugh Laurie is a national treasure of Ol' Blighty, but for some reason or another, I never gave it the time of day.

A good friend of mine formally introduced me to the series. Well, I say introduced but in reality he gave me an emotion-fuelled ultimatum. If I didn't start watching it, we couldn't be friends anymore. Obviously I relented.

At first I was slightly reluctant about HOUSE. In the past medical dramas have failed to float by boat, but after watching several episodes it really began to appeal to me. The medical mysteries fall nothing short of imaginative, and the character development is bang on the mark (even the brief and somewhat pointless story arc involving hard-ass cop Tritter was fluent with character). The relationship between House and Wilson is my favorite narrative convention, and the writing is as tight as a nun's arse. HOUSE gets better with every season.

I wish the same could be said about LOST.

No comments:

Post a Comment