Wednesday 18 November 2009

Gerald Scarfe




I've recently rediscovered my love for Gerald Scarfe. The political cartoonist from St John's Wood is most noted for his work on Pink Floyd's The Wall and as a conceptual character illustrator for Disney's Hercules (which to this day I have argued is Disney's best animated feature).

These days Scarfe is still lampooning politics. His recent works depict Obama as Superman and Gordon Brown feeding the mouths of the faceless unemployed. Scarfe still hits chords.

The man has a brilliant, albeit perverse mind. Check out more of his work at geraldscarfe.com. I've always wanted to purchase an original copy of his iconic Marching Hammers, but I would need to get one of my scripts commissioned first.

In other news, a recent study has revealed that 90% of student absenteeism is due to hangovers.

Ya think?

No comments:

Post a Comment