Tuesday 12 January 2010

Ghibli's Ocean Waves/I Can Hear The Sea due for UK release January 25th



Jesus Christ, finally.

Studio Ghibli's made-for-TV anime is being released onto DVD, 17 years after its debut in Japan.

This will be the first time that all current Studio Ghibli productions will be released within Europe. From here on in, Ghibli DVDs will be issued in a chronological order.

And on the argument of English Dubs/Subs, I prefer watching Ghibli productions in English dub. I can't appreciate the artwork and animation if I'm too busy reading piss-poor translated subtitles. The conceited fanboys can shoot me.

And don't forget kids, Ponyo on the Cliff, Miyazaki's eighth film for Ghibli, is set for UK theatrical release on 5th February 2010 (exactly one month before my birthday, but who cares about that, right?)

Wiki - Ocean Waves/I Can Hear The Sea
 
Ponyo Trailer (the fucker's won't allow embedding)

No comments:

Post a Comment